Kleinschmidt company history
The first recorded master pewter craftsman was August Willkom. He purchased the property at Wahlenstrasse 4 in the year 1723 and set up a pewter casting business. He died in 1740 in Regensburg.
This has been the ancestral home of the Weschke pewter casting family since then. Six generations of master craftsmen have followed. The last in the succession was Friedrich Weschke who died in 1931. His wife Luise Weschke led the business with three employees from 1931 until 1935.
In 1935 master craftsman Fritz Kleinschmidt took over the Regensburg workshop and all its employees with the approval of the Weschke family. After a few months, he changed the name because it did not enjoy a good reputation in the business world at the time.
In 1948 he built a modern workshop at Prüfeninger Strasse 72c because the old 1723 workshop no longer fulfilled the requirements of commercial inspectors.
On January 1, 1969 the company reorganized as a limited partnership. Fritz Kleinschmidt his son Horst formed the first corporation.
In 1976 the workshop was once again modernized and doubled in size.